If there’s one thing that I like it’s dessert…
I’m one of those people who would much rather have a main and two desserts over a starter. However, if you’re like me you’ll know that this breaks the nutrition bank. Choosing a dessert can often leave us having to sacrifice food choices elsewhere to keep out nutrition on track.
Although, that may all be about to change. My take on these healthy no bake carrot cake protein balls allows you to satisfy sweet tooth cravings whilst not damaging your nutritional goals. So, if you give them a go please do let me know what you think in the comments at the bottom of this article…
What you’ll need for no bake carrot cake protein balls…
- 130g cashews
- 70g rolled oats
- 90g dates
- 75g walnuts
- 115g natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 grated carrot
- 30g desiccated coconut
How to make no bake carrot cake protein balls…
- Throw the cashews, oats, dates, applesauce, protein powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a blender. Blend until the mix forms a sticky, gloopy dough.
spices to the food processor.
- Chuck in the grated carrot and walnuts and blend until well mixed in (I roughly chop the nuts first to make this easier).
- Roll the mix into evenly sized no bake carrot cake protein balls – Around 27g.
- Put the unsweetened shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Roll each no bake carrot cake protein ball around in the coconut until evenly covered and place on non-stick paper.
- Throw the no bake carrot cake protein balls into the fridge to set and store the no bake carrot cake protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here’s what’s in each no bake carrot cake protein ball…
Making healthy treats is all well and good. However, there’s not much point in that if you don’t know what you’re eating. Part of cooking for yourself is ensuring you are in control of what you consume. So, below is a breakdown of the nutrition that each 27g ball will provide you with…
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 5g
- Saturates: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fibre: 1.5g
All in all these healthy bite size treats are a great way to indulge without worrying about slipping on your diet. Give them a go and let me know what you think 🙂