Most of us love chocolate and most of us also love pancakes. The trouble is, they’re both traditionally unhealthy on their own, let alone together! However, I have recently been using a 4 ingredient healthy chocolate banana pancake recipe to get my fix. It’s quick, easy and tasty so I wanted to share my chocolate pancake fix with you all (they’re also gluten-free, vegan & vegetarian)…
Read time: 5 Minutes
The following quantities will make 4 pancakes, 2 each (or 4 for one in my case )…
- 60g Coconut flour – I used Biona
- 1 Banana (chopped)
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 200ml Almond Milk
To make the chocolate pancakes in
- Place the coconut flour, chopped banana and raw cacao powder into a blender
- Pour in the almond milk in and blend until smooth
- Heat a non-stick frying pan (If you don’t have non-stick add coconut oil into a normal pan)
- Pour a quarter of the mixture into the pan and fry on both sides – flip every 20-30 seconds each side until cooked
- repeat step 4 until the mixture is gone!
That’s it!!! Told you it would be quick and easy. These pancakes are also perfect if you are vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free.
If you wanted to make the chocolate pancakes higher protein then you could add in chocolate, banana or even vanilla protein powder (Just make sure it fits with your diet choice). In addition, you can top them with peanut butter, maple syrup, honey or more fresh fruit. Just choose whatever you enjoy!
This chocolate pancake recipe is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth but looking to stick to a healthy diet. They are light and soft, perfect for dessert.